In any household, the main consumer of electricity is none other than our fridge, which usually does not last as long as a fridge should do. with constant opening and closing, new things put inside then take it, the load our fridge take most often than not, fries its circuits deeming it impossible to use again.
Though there is a way to use a chest freezer, which generally is used in stores and supermarkets or for long-term storage, it can also be used as a regular fridge. Just a little change and settings and viola chest freezer work like a charm. The best chest freezer out there can also be the best fridge.
How and why to use a chest freezer as a fridge:
The main difference between a normal fridge and chest freezer are;
- The chest freezer has a lid instead of a door. Now when the door of the fridge opens, a lot of cold air falls out and the fridge is filled with nothing but room temperature air, the door closes and the fridge has to work again to fill it with cold air, this results in intense consumption of electricity. On the other hand, the chest freezer has a lid which doesn’t allow much air to enter go out, so the electricity consumption is reduced.
- Another reason would be the insulin. Chest freezers insulins are almost three times the size of the one on the fridge. This means that the chest freezer requires less electricity to keep the content on a cool temperature constantly.
How to change a chest freezer into a fridge:
Everyone is aware that the chest freezers have a temperature way below that of a fridge. The only thing we require to change the temperature of the chest freezer is a thermostat and relay.
Thermostat, so it can change the level of temperature within the chest freezer. A relay is a machine in fridges which can change the temperature automatically to high or low when needed. For instance, if the fridge is too cold, the relay will automatically turn the temperature to a higher level.
Some other uses of a chest freezer:
Above we mentioned and talked about the uses of a chest freezer as a fridge, now we will talk about the uses of a chest freezer, well as a chest freezer.
Many households have chest freezer either installed in their basement or in their kitchens. The preserving machine is an incredible invention which helps around the house a lot. Some of the common chest freezer review is;
- Meat Storage: Many people use the chest freezers as none other than meat preserving freezers.
- Fruit and Vegetable Storage: It is simple, but the fruits and vegetables in a zip-lock bag and freeze them. They won’t spoil and you can use them whenever.
- Pre-made food storage: Many people love to ready their food and freeze it for the time of use. Homemade lasagna, maybe a potpie or even apple pies and pineapple pies.
- Drink chiller: anyone who is a fan of drinking loves to store their drinks in the chest freezer.